Monday, January 28, 2013

The Hobbit

Genre: Fantasy  
Pages:101/305
Author: J. R. R. Tolken
So far my mom and my sister and I are really liking the book. My dad just decided that he would like to read with us to but not as formally. I said that I wanted to read The Hobbit because it sounded very interesting I like a well written book. My mom once read this book when she was young but she cannot remember any of it, but she liked it. My sister also likes fantasy books so we agreed to read it. We all liked the first pages and were glad we chose to read this. Each sentence is filled with mystery, excitement, and  adventure. You learn more about each character at every turn of the page. I learned that Bilbo is actually very dedicated for example he fell in a cave and thought, "'Go back?' he thought. 'No good at all! Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go'"(Tolken 69). I really liked this quote because of its meaning. It is all about dedication and not going off coarse. Bilbo Baggins the main character was traveling with a group of people and went through a path through a mountain infested by goblins. Bilbo was attacked and fell down into the depths of the cave and riddled with a creature called Gallum who had a ring he refers to as precious. Bilbo found this magic ring and took it with him,

3 comments:

  1. I like your description, the movie is pretty cool but I really want to read the book. Great Job Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a decent blog but you could of written more about the story

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good blog post, I like how you explained your true emotions to the novel you are currently reading. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete