Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Dracula Week # 2

Dracula
By Bram Stoker
1/27/13
Horror/Suspense




For my recent book report, me and my partner, my mother, are reading the Classical novel "Dracula" by Bram Stoker. I picked this novel because my personal favorite genre is mystery/suspense and Dracula is full of suspense and horror. Another reason I picked this novel was because of the raving reviews I had heard from others. On famous book review websites, such as the reviews on Amazon and Barnes & Nobles, nearly everyone said that it was one of their all time favorites and it had an intense, wonderful plot. My mother picked "Dracula" because of it took place in Romania, a neighbor of Serbia. My mother thought it would be interesting to see what Romanian culture would be like because she herself has never been to Romania. She also picked this novel because she saw how I took great interest in it and she  thought it would be an interesting novel, so we together decided to read it. So far while reading the book, I have been absolutely astonished by Bram Stoker's capability of describing characters and events in such a wonderful, yet subtle way. Dracula's plot so far has been suspenseful. Not a single page has seized to captivate my attention. My only complaint so far would be how Bram Stoker changes perspectives a little too fast, without giving the reader an explanation, but other than that I have found Dracula wonderful. My mother has been pleased so far by Dracula. From the beginning, the Author has been able to build suspense with many intriguing details such as the fact that all of the villagers he has met have all warned him not to go into Count Dracula's mansion.

Quotation:
"As the Count bent over me and his hands touched me, a horrible feeling of nausea came over me, which, do what I would, I could not conceal."

This was when Dracula got really close to him and he felt sick. I think the author was trying to show that Count Dracula was a sick, evil creature who's only intent is to kill others.

2 comments:

  1. I also love reading horror and suspense! I read your blog first blog post and it sees as thought you're enjoying it! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog post. The book seems very cool and it looks like you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete