Saturday, January 21, 2012

Friend Me





Title: Friend Me
Author: Cathy Hopkins
Pages (whole book): 513
Pages read: 153

This morning I started reading a book called "Friend Me" by Cathy Hopkins. It includes three books which are each written from a teenage girl's point of view. The book is about 3 girls that are best friends and the everyday struggles that they have to go through. This is a book that is very easy and fun to read, I sat down and realized later that I had already read 100 pages. I finished part one in the book and still have two more to go. I can relate to some of the problems they have to solve and the things they have to go through. In book one, Lucy is at a turning point and she feels like she doesn't really fit in. Everything seems to go wrong all at one, friends, guys, family, school and all the decisions she has to make at once. She has absolutely no idea of what she wants to do later in life and everyone around her seems to have it all figured out.

"Everyone knows what they want to do. Everyone. But me.
I'm fourteen. Everyone's always saying,'Oh don't grow up too fast' and 'Enjoy your youth.' Now suddenly it's,'What're you going to do with the rest of your life?' "

I enjoy reading this book as it is simple and different from what I usually have to read during the week or for school. 

5 comments:

  1. Good job, in reading those 100 pages Caroline. I loved this blog, when i finish Lord of the Flies and my classic book i will start reading this book probably. It is kind of girly but i like it, i like those types of books. You were very creative in this blog
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I'm sure you will love it ;) You can borrow it after Emily if you like.

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a really good book. I read one that sounds similar to it in that it was just fun and easy to read. I like to think of them as "vacation books". I really liked how you included a quote directly from the book in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds good. Can i borrow the series when your done? I really liked the quote it was a great way to sum up what you were saying during your blog post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, I will give it to you when I finish it. The book I have includes books 1,2 and 3 and I have the other book that includes 4,5 and 6 as an electronic copy.

      Delete