Sunday, January 29, 2012

Oliver Twist

Title: Oliver Twist
Author: Charles Dickens
Genre: Classic Novel
Pages: up until chapter 1.


Recently for the final book report, I started reading the book entitled "Oliver Twist", which is a classical novel by Charles Dickens. So far, the author introduced to us the main character and the setting of the story, which is about a boy, named Oliver, and it sets on England, in the early nineteenth century (published in 1839, but sets around 1820).
Oliver's mother dies after kissing him with the"cold white lips" and leaves him with the help of the parish authorities. Apparently, Oliver's mother was not married, meaning that Oliver is illegitimate. 
I have read the first chapter electronically, with my mom, and so far we are both very fascinated with this book, and we are looking forward to reading more.

2 comments:

  1. Looking at your post about this book, it seems to be actually quite interesting, and I will actually consider reading it once I'm done with my current book for the book project

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book seams cool...I like those types of book, once i am done with my classic book i will try reading the book or even better watching The movie(if there is a movie)

    ReplyDelete