Saturday, January 28, 2012

I, Robot

I, Robot (1950)
Isaac Asimov
Classic Sci-fi

This is the classic book I'm using for the book project. At first I was going to read Dead Souls, by Nikolai Gogol, but I couldn't find a English version.

This book is more commonly known as the movie played by Will Smith, however, the movie came from this book. However, this book is actually from a sequel.

The book was published in 1950, and is the story of how Robots and humans are going to interact in the future. However, in the book there is more than one story. The book is made of a series of short stories featuring the same character; Susan Calvin, a robot physiologist. The story is told through her memories.

3 comments:

  1. I, Robot has to be one of the best sci-fi novels I've ever read and I'm sure you'll love reading it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh, interesting i've only ever seen the movie i had no idea that this was a book. I always enjoy reading books where they are all memories or entries of some sort, the story line sounds interesting. looks like a good book

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Emily, i love reading books that are all memories or entries of some sort. Hope i will have time to read it...

    ReplyDelete