Monday, September 26, 2011

Shiver - ORR 4

Title: Shiver
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Genre: Young Adult/ Paranormal Romance
Comments: This book it about a girl named Grace, who is saved from an attack by a pack of "werewolves" by a single one of them whom she instantly has a special connection with. These werewolves are humans that are bitten and infected. They then turn into larger, stronger and harder to kill wolves when the temperature drops to low, so int the summer they are in their human forms and in winter their wolf ones. The process of changing is hard and painful and many wolves dislike this and find it the hardest part of being a "werewolf". Grace has been watching these wolves from her window for a long time, and one, the one who saved her from an attack, has also been watching her. This wolf is a boy named Sam, his parents when they found out about his changing between wolf and boy, they believed it was the devil and attempted to kill him at around age 8. This did not work, and they were both sent to jail, abandoning Sam, now age 18, is abandoned. One day after years of waiting to meet, Sam and Grace finally come together. With Sam staying at Grace's house (it becomes evident through the story that her parents are extremely lax with Grace, age 16, and expect her to look after her self) because it is a warm and safe place, they quickly fall in love. Yet they are torn apart by the fact that Sam, as the weather gets colder will soon turn back to his wolf persona. There time is limited, and they are looking for clues to a cure while trying to keep Sam a human. Shiver was definitely a page turning book with a cliff hanging end, but luckily there are two more books in the series I can't wait to read. Even though when I first started this book, I saw werewolves and I immediately though "Twilight" but this book was much better and I enjoyed it much more!  I would recommend Shiver for people who enjoyed Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare from the Mortal Instruments Series. 

4 comments:

  1. This ORR in my opinion was very well put, and you probably described everything from the book. This summary very much reminds me of the twilight saga, which i read a while ago. All in all i think this is a great ORR. Looking forward to reading your next :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this ORR becouse it had a lot of fantasy in it and exsplaind the book vary well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the way you described the book, it is now definitely on my 'to read' list! When I first started reading your ORR, I read, werewolves and Sam and they both reminded me of New Moon in the Twilight Saga that I red and really liked.

    ReplyDelete