Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Beacon Street Girls: Best Friends/Worst Enemies

Title:  The Beacon Street Girls
Author:  Annie Bryant
Genre:  Realistic Fiction
Pages:  216


          This book is centered around four girls.  It is kind of cool in that each chapter is from a new perspective.  One of the girls is like my family and moves around a lot, so I can sympathize with her.  These four girls are all enemies in the beginning of the book because they have absolutely nothing in common.  They are forced to sit together during lunch because of this rule their teacher made.  When they ask if they can change seats, their teacher makes them have a sleepover first.  After this sleepover, they can change seats if they want to.  The four girls actually end up becoming best friends, and everything turns out ok. 
          The Beacon Street Girls is a series I enjoyed when I was in fifth grade.  It's about seventh graders, and I needed a book to read, so I saw it on my shelf, and I was like "Hey, I enjoyed that book.  I'll read it again."  It's a good story, but this book is not really my style.  Also, I think it's for younger kids.  I enjoyed it, but I probably won't read it so much anymore.  Right now, it's my sister's favorite book, so I guess that might be why I don't enjoy it as much anymore. 

2 comments:

  1. The Beacon street Girls!!! I remember reading one of the books from those sries a while ago (2 or 3 years) Its a really cool story and it teaches about friendship values :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes me too! I read it when I was in 4th grade i think. What I think is funny is for our ORR we both chose book that aren't really our stile but we would have liked several years ago :) .

    ReplyDelete