Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Last Song




Title: The Last Song
Author: Nicholas Sparks
Genre: Fiction

Comments: I bought this book a year ago and it was under a pile of other books that I wanted to read. Three days ago I started reading it.
This book is about a girl named Veronica "Ronnie" Miller. She is seventeen years old and is resentful and rebellious, her parents divorced when she was fourteen and she lives with her mom and little brother in New York. She is forced to spend the whole summer with her dad, that she has been ignoring ever since the divorce. We learn that Ronnie is a very talented piano player and that she has been accepted to Julliard! But she refuses to go, as piano is one of the reasons her parents divorced. She threatens to return to New York before the end of the summer but before she has the chance to, she meets interesting friends and a boy named Will...


I have only read about 70 pages but I really like this book because it is really well written and the description is very good. It is also very hard to put the book down as you feel Ronnie's pain and you understand why she does what she does. 


"Sparks knows how to tug at a reader's heartstrings."
-Chicago Sun-Times

4 comments:

  1. I like the newspaper quote. This novel sounds very romantic and a good coming of age story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how you put a quote at the end. Sounds like a good book, it relates slightly to the story i did as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your book. Your will really like the ending! =)

    ReplyDelete