Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Hobbit

The Hobbit
J.J.R. Tolkien
Adventure
102/306

I have continued reading the book The Hobbit and I am certainly enjoying it. Until this point in the book I have read about the beginning of Bilbo's adventure. Bilbo and the group of Dwarfs have to cross through the mountains while a huge thunderstorm is going on. Thanks to Gandalf's intelligence they are able to pass through the safest passages. After sometime they needed to stop somewhere because it was to risky to climb the steep mountains on such bad weather. Thanks to the two youngest dwarfs Kili and Fili they were able to find a hole in the mountain to take some rest over the night.
In the middle of the night a crack opens in the mountain and the whole group falls into the goblins layer. After they have fell in they got captured. One of the goblins found the sword Thorin had brought with him. The sword that killed a 1000 goblins. In anger the great Goblin attacks. Just before the goblin had killed Thorin the lights in the cavern had gone out. Thorin the kills the Great Goblin. The goblins get mad and start to attack Dori who was carrying Bilbo as Dori falls so does Bilbo, as he falls he falls into Gollem's layer and falls unconsciousness. When Bilbo wakes up he finds himself next to a golden ring, he picks up the ring and puts it in his pocket. He then continues through the hole, finally he comes to a small lake that goes through the cave and their he finds Gollem. Gollem suggest they play a game of riddles because he does not want to risk his life trying to kill Bilbo. They made a deal if Gollem wins he eats Bilbo and if Bilbo wins Gollem shows him the way out. When it was Bilbo's turn he asks Gollem What's in my pocket to win. Gollem then goes to his little island in the middle of the lake to find his precious (the ring Bilbo has in his pocket). When Gollem accuses Bilbo of stealing the ring Bilbo not knowing the powers of the ring he puts the ring on and becomes invisible. He then followed Gollem to the exit of the cave and he finally came to the open world and fresh air.
I discovered that Bilbo is very naive and and he is very smart and can use his brain well to get himself out of trouble.
This journey strengthened Bilbo a bit and mad him more manly.

I think that there is a lot going on and that the dwarfs have helped Bilbo a lot.
My recent reading has fulfilled my expectations and I am very satisfied with the book at this point.
For my continued reading I expect to find out more about the book and the dwarf's castle.
I am very satisfied What I have read and I love that every time I read this book I find something new out.

One quote that I chose this time is whats in my pocket? because i like Bilbo's naive way of thinking and how he thinks out side the box to help himself out of trouble.

1 comment:

  1. I havent read the book yet but I have watched the movie, but you're blog might make me reconsider reading the book. Very good job. I especialy liked you're descriptions.

    ReplyDelete