Sunday, September 29, 2013

blog post 2


Hi everyone!

The book in reading is the first edition of Twilight saga. It consists of 480 pages, and it is a book full of detail, and adventure. What is happening in the book so far, is that Bella is new in town, and she had some trouble fitting in at first..now, that she finally has some friends (revealed after chapter 3) she meets the Cullen family. This family seems strange to her, so she decides to look at them at all angles possible. Soon enough, Bella develops some feelings toward Edward (main character) and gets to know him much better. At the beginning, Edward seems to be very pale, and shows a un realistic amount of strength when he saves Bella from a car almost hitting her.. that's when Bella starts figuring that something's wrong. But yet, she dosnt know exactly what..

Whats happening at this point of your reading?

In these chapters that Ive read this week, everything is starting to change in Bella's world.. she's starting to get suspicious about Edward more and more, and as time is going by, Jacob is also becoming someone who starts developing some kind of feelings for. Also, its revealed that Bella has figured out that Edward's a vampire, and even though he tries to deny it, she dosnt fall under that influence, so he agrees to tell her everything..how he became a vampire, and shows her what happens if he's under the sun. Something that I found interesting is all the legends Edward starts telling her about, but he also tells Bella that she might be in danger, now that she knows about vampires.

Has your recent reading fulfilled your expectations?

Yes! my reading has fulfilled my expectations, because as a lot of you know, Twilight is a thick book, and its hard to accomplish reading in a couple of weeks time. But I read every night about 50 pages, and over the weekend sometimes even more.. I think that this book is one of the best one's I've read so far, because I read last year Twilight 3, and Twilight 2, so I already know something about the characters, but this one is special, because it provides so much more description, and one you start reading it, you can't stop.


Since its revealed that Bella already knows about vampires, and that she might be in danger, I think that something bad might happen to her..

How satisfied are you with what you have read?

Im very satisfied with what I read, because I usually don't read a lot of english (since its not my mouther tounge language) but this book is so interesting that its hard to put down. Also, even though it has many pages, its easy to follow, and easy to visualize.. also, as I'm reading the book, I have many questions, and connections that I relate to the other books I've read, but yes, I'm satisfied with my reading, and the book as well.

Passage

"I listed again in my head the things I'd observed myself: the impossible speed and strength, the eye color shifting from black to gold and back again, the inhuman beauty, the pale, frigid skin how the Cullens never seemed to eat, the disturbing grace with which they moved. And the way Edward sometimes spoke with unfamiliar cadences and phrases that better fit the style of a turn-of-the-century novel than of a twenty-first-century classroom. He had skipped class the day we'd done blood typing.. He seemed to know what everyone around him was thinking...except me." (chapter 7)

I really like this passage, because its exactly what the book is about. It shows how Bella is getting suspicious, and how she realized that Edward was a vampire.. it showed all the symptoms he needed to have, in order for her "theories" to be confirmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment