Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Hobbit

The Hobbit
J.J.R. Tolkien
Adventure
51/306

I have started reading the book The Hobbit and I enjoy it very much. Til' this point in the book I have read about Bilbo Baggins and the characteristics of the hobbits. Bilbo is one very neat and responsible hobbit, he doesn't like anything unexpected. Like any hobbit he doesn't like adventures and he would not like to be the first one in his family that goes on and unexpected adventure. Bilbo's family was a very rich family and famous family in the Shire. Bilbo lives in a a whole in a hill like any other hobbit.
One morning Gandalf comes up to Bilbo while he is smoking a long pipe. Bilbo pleasantly greats Gandalf  with good morning not knowing who it really is. Gandalf confused answers what do you mean? That it is a good morning, you wish me a good morning or it is good morning weather I like it or not? Bilbo said I guess all them. After the small talk Gandalf changed the topic in to what he came for. Gandalf asked Bilbo if he would like to join Gandalf on an adventure, but Bilbo told him no hobbit would like to go on an adventure. Gandalf then asked him again but Bilbo ignored him until Gandalf told him who he really is. Bilbo apologized and amazed he answered to Gandalf that he likes no adventure but he would love Gandalf would sit down with him and take a smoke Gandalf said he was fine and so their talk went on. After Bilbo went in to his house Gandalf drew sign on his door...
When night has come Bilbo had guests his guest were dwarfs who came to feast, at first Bilbo was very confused but when Gandalf had told him what was happening he got very mad and upset and so the feast went on.
While reading I discovered that Bilbo is a really neat person who cares about his stuff.

I think that the book I chose to read is great and I really love, i can't stop reading. My Recent reading has fulfilled my expectations. I expect to finish the book as soon as possible. I am very satisfied with what I have read until now.

A quote I have chosen to include hear is: do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning weather I like it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?
I chose this quote because it tells us a lot about Gandalf; his curiosity, and intelligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment