Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Hide and Seek


Hide and Seek
Sara Shepard 
Mystery, thriller
50/288

In the beginning the first characters who were introduced were the twins and the book gave me some of the details from the last book. Then the mystery started. The mystery of this book is who killed Sutton Mercer.
These are the characters. Emma, Sutton, Ethan and Laurel. These are the four characters that were the most important. I will start from Sutton. She is a very popular, pretty girl who comes from a rich family. That is not her real family she was adopted and separated from her twin sister at birth. Sutton was recently killed and no one knows how or by whom. Emma is Sutton’s twin sister. She wasn’t as fortunate as Sutton was to get a family that loves her; she was passed on from one foster home to the next. When Sutton and Emma found out about each other they met up and Emma came with Sutton. Emma got a death threat, in that threat it said that if she doesn’t pretend to be her sister she would end up the same way she did. Emma listened of course and is not tricking everyone in the Tucson community. Ethan is Emma’s boyfriend not Sutton’s, Emma's. Ethan is the only person who know that Sutton is dead and that Emma is her twin who is playing as her.  Laurel is Sutton’s non-biological sister. She is the suspect of murdering her sister. She is the only one (for now) who lied about where she was on the night of the murder.

   The last thing that happened in my book was that Emma (Sutton's twin sister) was searching through Laurel's phone while they were on tennis practice and then Laurel caught her but she didn't say anything. Yet. The author didn’t make it clear that she knows that Emma (who is pretending to be Sutton) had her phone but I have a good feeling that she knows and she wants revenge. I discovered some details about the night the murder happened. I learned that Laurel (Suttons non biological sister) might be the one that killed her. I learned through some hints that the author was giving through the book. None of the actions that I read about recently really change anything because most of the information I read was review from the last book and if it wasn't review from the last book it was a action done that no one knows about except you and the character doing it.

I think that the book is really exiting and think that the author did a really good job in reviewing the details from the last book again in this book. I think that at this point the book is exiting even though I didn't really think of it that way in the beginning. The book that I am reading has totally fulfilled my expectations. The book is even better then what I though it would be. I think that that the case of the murder will not be solved in this book. I think that it will be solved in one of the next books but they will get really close to the solution. I am beyond satisfied with this book especially because I don't really like reading mystery and this book interested me a lot.

I have many questions about the book I am reading. Such as who killed Sutton? Why did they kill her? Was it one person or a group of people that did it? Was it and accident or was it planned?
“Emma had cleared my best friends, Charlotte Chamberlain, Madeline Vega and Gabby and Lili Fiorello, as murder suspects, they each had alibis for the night of my death. But the alibi she’d been counting on to clear my adoptive little sister Laurel, suddenly wasn’t so alright” – Sara Shepard page 3

In this passage it is reveled who the book will focus on as the suspect in the murder case. In my opinion this intrigues me because I am exited to find out if her prediction is true. I am also exited to see what evidence the narrator (In this case Sutton) has as evidence against Laurel.

2 comments:

  1. Nice post Lana... very briefly described, and you included much details! I really liked it, keep the great job! :)

    ReplyDelete