Sunday, September 29, 2013

A Walk To Remember- Nicholas Sparks


  • Title: A Walk To Remember 
  • Author: Nicholas Sparks 
  • Genre: Romance 
  • Number of pages read this week / total number of pages in the book: 75/240



  • Describe: Briefly summarize what you have read over the past week

    Hello everyone! Finally, the main character's name is revealed, and his name is Landon. I have described his personal life in previous post, and I finished it with the girl named Jamie. So, chapter 2 begins with Landon not having anyone to ask to the homecoming dance. Every girl has been already asked, except one... Can you guess which one? Yes, it's Jamie. Landon considered being seen with Jamie some sort of humiliation, but she was his last hope, and only choice. Landon invites Jamie, who dresses nicely, and who does not carry a bible like usual. The homecoming starts normal without any excitement, but ends with Jamie and Landon cleaning up the bathroom, in which Landon's former girlfriend (Angela) threw up, because she got drunk. 
    A couple of weeks later, Jamie asks Landon to play the part of the father in Christmas play, in which she has ben chosen for an angel. He accepts it, after all the nice things she has done for him. 

    What is happening at this point in your reading?
    At this point, Landon starts changing towards Jamie. It is easily noticeable that he starts defending her when someone tries to talk behind her back. I think that the relationship between them is getting much better, also as their communication. Starting with the homecoming dance, than with the play that they are going to do together, it is logic that they will spend more time together, and that they will eventually get close with each other. 

    Has your recent reading fulfilled your expectations?
    My recent reading has fulfilled my expectations! There is something special about this book. The way that it is written, and the way that author brings the story on a very interesting way to us, readers. In every chapter, there is one main thing that the author is focused on, and he is describing it as much as it is possible. Also, sometimes when I'm reading a book, my concentration falls, and lost my point, but this book is hard to stop reading, because it's easy to understand and it's not predictable. 

    What do you expect for your continued reading?
    As I have already mentioned, I think that the relationship between Jamie and Landon is going to get slightly closer, and it might have some obstacles in it. One of the obstacles can be Jamie's father, who shows at the beginning of Chapter 2 that he doesn't like Landon that much, and that he is very irresponsible. Also, one of the obstacles might have be Landon's former girlfriend, Angela, who I think, still has feelings for Landon. 

    How satisfied are you with what you have read?
    Since English is not my native language, sometimes I cannot understand what's going on in the book, but this book is very easy and interesting to read, and it seems like I can read it forever. I am very satisfied with what I've read, and I am very satisfied with information that I have about the book and characters so far, and I honestly hope that this kind of writing will go on throughout the whole book. 

    Copy: Select a passage (1-4 sentences) that you believe to be significant or representative of the reading, or that is otherwise meaningful to you. INCLUDE page number.

    ''I was getting pretty good at handling rejection, I'll tell you, though that's not the sort of thing you brag about your grandkids. My mom knew what i was going through, and she finally came into my room and sat on the bed beside me.'' (page 34)

    This happens at the beginning of Chapter 2, where Landon still doesn't have anyone to go to the homecoming with. It tells you a lot about Landon's character. 
    First of all, it tells you that he wasn't always accepted with his friends or people that surrounded him. He was used to rejection, and he was used to people saying 'no' to him. This passage also symbolizes how close relationship Landon had with his mother, and how caring and concern she is for him. 


    No comments:

    Post a Comment