Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Seekers, Great Bear Lake blog #1

Author: Erin Hunter
Genre: Adventure, fantasy
Pages Read: 60/300

The book starts out by Lusa, the black bear, finds Toklo and Ujurak. He is telling him the message his mother said in the previous book and that is that his mother, Oka needed to leave him because she thought she is too stupid to have a cub, and because she lost cub, she couldn't let same thing happened to her again. She also said that she is so sorry. When Toklo heard his mother’s name he got on Lusa. Ujurak explained to her, that they are on the journey to the stars and invited Lusa. Lusa accepted. While going through forest, they ran into the pack of wolves. Because Ujurak can change his shape, he changed into the deer and helped the others escape. Toklo thinks Lusa is weak. Meanwhile, Kallik, the polar bear, continues her search for her brother that she lost at the beginning of the previous book. She makes shelter in the cave for the night. When she wakes up she follows other bears in hope to find her brother Toklo. Lusa thinks about decisions she made about joining the team, thinking that Toklo doesn't like her. They are searching for food, so Lusa gets some food from trash cans in front of humans' houses. Next day they are supposed to cross the river and Toklo refuses. He explains that he thinks that bear spirits are underneath him. Ujurak finds a solution. He found the bridge, so they can cross it easily. 
These 60 pages for me were really interesting. That is because I read the previous book of this series, so I wanted to try next one. I can say that I expected for these things to happen. It fulfilled my expectations. Book wasn't boring and that's the most important thing. I think that Lusa, Toklo, and Ujurak will get into more trouble, and I think that Kallik will find her brother. From 1 to 10 to these 60 pages I am going to give 8.
"She found Oka's missing cub.
I could have searched for him ll my life and never found him. Did the spirits guide me?"
This passage that at the beginning of the story some action and excitement. We know something is going to happen to her. Will Toklo be mad? Or he will be pleasant? All of those questions are passing through our head while reading this passage.

2 comments:

  1. Great Job. I really liked that you included detail about all the characters and explained them. Next time add a bit more try to explain the character relationships a bit more.

    Overall great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete