Sunday, September 29, 2013

Hide and Seek


Hide and Seek
Sara Shepard
Mystery, thriller
116/ 288
In the past 5 chapters of the book the author gave you some more background information about the characters and their families. For example, I found some more things about Ethan (Emma’s boyfriend). Up to this point of the book Ethan was mentioned a lot but the reader (me) didn’t know much about the character and his background. I found out that he doesn’t have a good relationship with his mom because she had cancer and she mentally didn’t yet recover. That is important because I know that she is one person that cannot help with the mystery of who the murder is. I know that because I found out that Ethan doesn’t speak to her a lot. Another thing that I discovered was that Laurel (Suttons sister a suspect of the murder) was not with Thayer (Laurels boyfriend) on the night when the murder happened which made her even guiltier then she was. No one so far in the book knows where she was on the night of the murder This affected my opinion of who murdered Sutton in many ways. Before I thought that Laurel wasn’t guilty and it was just a misunderstanding but now I think that she murdered Sutton.

The things I have recently read have very much fulfilled my expectations because a couple of very important things were reveled in the past few chapters. I am amazed about how much can change in only 5 chapters. Now after reading them I have a totally different point of view of what happened on the night of the crime. I expect that in the next couple of chapters that they will introduce a totally new character and I think that that character might be helping Laurel (suspect of murder). But I also think that the next few chapters could also go in the other direction, someone will lie to protect laurel if she is guilty or that Emma will find a witness of the scene. I am very satisfied about what I have read so far because I find the book very exiting and each chapter gets you one step closer to finding out who the murderer is.

My concern is that by the end of the book that not all of my questions will be answered and I will have to imagine the end on my own.

Emma blinked, needing him to be clear “So… She didn’t stay with you?”
Thayer shook his head. “She left shortly after she dropped me off. She said she wanted to have a word with you. She was furious, like she wanted to kill you or something I’ve never seen her like that before.”
Page number: 113

That passage was important because then it was reviled that Laurel lied about where she was located on the night of the murder. In this passage Emma was talking to Thayer. On the night of the murder Thayer got hit by a car and Laurel drove him to the hospital, until now it was unknown if she was with him and this passage made it clear that she wasn’t. This passage makes me angry because as I read on Laurel is looking more guilty and I think she did it but deep down I don’t want her to be the murderer because I cant believe someone killing their own sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment