Monday, November 5, 2012

ORR #7: 11.22.63 by Stephen King


Name of Book: 11.22.63
Author: Stephen King
Pages Read: 134/726
Genre: (Science) Historic Fiction

This book is a very interesting book, and I knew it from the start since it has the two things I really love to read: murder and a mystery. Now in the book the main character, Jake, is exploring the new world that the other character, Al has introduced him to. He was very confused at the start, and was thinking that everything must be in his imagination, but it really isn't and he is transported into the fifties, and into the times of great movies and music. The main character, Jake, is a very nice guy, thoughtful and a  teacher, and someone that Al might call on when he has a rather fantastic offer to make (which he does). 

The book is really interesting, and pretty hard to put down, ever since the main character, Jake has set foot in 1958. The book does a lot to paint you a picture of how the times looked, and how everything is different, than it is nowadays. The author spends some time comparing the old times to the new ones, since the character is time-travelling. It is a really good book, and I am enjoying reading it a lot, and every time I pick it up, I just can't wait to see what happens next.  

3 comments:

  1. It does sound interesting! I like reading murder and mystery too! I might read it next! Can't wait to see what happens next! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like something I would like. I wish I could time travel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds nice and I also like mysteries :D Must be fun reading it

    ReplyDelete