Sunday, November 13, 2011

Would You

Title: Would You

Author: Marthe Jocelyn

Genre: Fiction

Comments:

This would be one of my favorite books so far, especially because it starts out in an unsual way. Normally, we read books with chapters, the chapters being Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3 etc... But this chapter started off with a question. 'Would you rather know what's going to happen? Or not know?' Isn't that a creative way to hook the reader into wanting to read more? I certainly think so. However, there are some parts which are kind of innapropriate for school. For example; cursing, drinking drugs & smoking, violence etc. I wouldn't say that the 50 pages I read are that calm.
The first fifty pages are based on a girl, Natalie, who always plays games (with her older sister and some other friends) called 'would you...' She asks 'would you rather die or have anyone else die?' This is where the theme of the whole book starts. Her sister experiences a car accident a couple of days after this game was played. Natalie was very sad, what is she without Claire? She patiently waits for her in the hospital, and I, myself, hope that the book will turn out to be a good ending, otherwise I'd be sad as well as Natalie.  I can't wait to read what's next!

No comments:

Post a Comment