Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Great And Terrible Beauty


 
Title: A Great And Terrible Beauty
Author: Libba Bray 
Genre: Historic Fiction

I just started reading this book for my historic fiction book report. When I told my friends which book I had chosen, many said that it was a very good book and the first part of a trilogy. 
The beginning of the book is set in Bombay, India, in June 1895, during the Victorian Age. 'A Great And Terrible Beauty' is about a sixteen year old girl, Gemma Doyle, who's mother gets killed in the very first pages. Two months later, she is sent to London, England, were she comes from and has always wanted to go. But once there, she realizes that the only thing she really wants now, is to be with her mother, but she also knows that this is impossible. She regrets the last thing she said to her 'I don't care if you come home at all.'. Gemma's is sent to Spence, a boarding school in London that is well known for making well-mannered and obedient young ladies. Gemma gets these visions that she does not quite want, or understand.
I like the way this book is written and I can't wait to read on. 



No comments:

Post a Comment