Sunday, November 17, 2013

The Da Vinci Code- Post 2

Nemanja
17/11/13
The Da Vinci Code
Dan Brown
History, thriller, mystery, conspiracy, detective fiction
pg 44-194/589

This week I read about how Langdon was called down to the Louvre to look at a crime scene and help solve it. What I/ found out that I didnt expect is that Langdon was called down because he is the primary murder suspect. An agent Sophie Neveu from the cryptography section of the police tells this to Langdon and she helps him escape. They looked through many codes and anagrams written by the curator of the museum before his death, he was also Sophies grandfather. It all leads to a secret key of the brotherhood. The brotherhood is a secret society that many influential people were in, like Da Vinci, Sir Isaac Newton and many more. The point at which I stopped is when Sophie and Langdon are escaping the police in Sophies smart car. They were trying to get to the US Embassy.

I had big expectation for this book because I really enjoyed Inferno and people have told me this book is even better. So far the book has been very interesting and I found my self reading much more than I was supposed to, I had troubles stopping. The only thing that I dislike are the chapters about Silas and Opus Dei. These chapters show what the enemy in the story is up to, there are no interesting puzzles and things that you are happy that happened like in the Langdon chapters. Langdon chapters usually have really interesting cliff hangers at the end and makes me read the next chapter. The only thing that makes me glance at which page Im on or stop reading are the Silas chapters. I predict that Langdon will not be able to get to the U.S. Embassy and he will spend the rest of the story escaping from the police while solving the code. 

No comments:

Post a Comment