Monday, November 11, 2013

Bloody Jack-#1

Bloody  Jack
L.A Meyer
Historical Novel
70/336 Pages




So far in my novel the protagonist, Mary, has left her 18th century street gang and headed for the port where she wishes to find a better life style rather than sleeping in the gutter. Mary discovers that the Royal Navy is looking for recruits aboard the HMS Dolphin. Knowing that girl/woman are not allowed to sign up, Mary cuts her hair short and signs up the be a cabin boy. On board the HMS Dolphin Marry makes new friends with the other new cabin boys. Mary is over joyed the quality of food, because Mary only ever ate scraps of the street. As Mary starts enjoying her luxurious ship ride she gets to know more of the crew and starts to wonder if it was a good idea to come aboard.

Of what i have read so far i know what the setting is which is around the 18th century in London, and on the high seas. The HMS Dolphin is a Man.O.War and i am predicting that the HMS Dolphin will soon or later in the book sail into pirates,Spaniards or Napoleon's Navy.

"I get me resolve together and me feet under me and i stands up on the top of the piling and puts me fists on me hip to show i know no fear. "Sir!" I yells with all me might. "I can read" Page 37
This Quote shows the perhaps Marry may have came from an educated family or she is brighter than most other kids her age, since she is so proud of the skill of reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment