Sunday, March 10, 2013

Underworld



Title: Underworld
Author: Meg Cabot
Genre: Sci-Fi
Total amount of pages: 309
Pages read: 309


"That had been before, though, when I'd been unhappy and overwhelmed and- I might as well admit it- scared to death. I was still scared, of course, and a little overwhelmed and i certainly wasn't always happy" (Cabot, 160). This quote explains how Pierce feels about being in Underworld. She doesn't exactly know how she feels about being in Underworld.

I finally finished the book Christmas Carol for my book report so I had the time to finish this one that I couldn't before. This book is about a 17 years old girl that is taken to Underworld by her boyfriend and is kept there by the Furies. This world is somewhere between heaven and hell so she is not having the best time. When she finds her bag that she brought with her, she sees a video of her cousin Alex, being locked in a coffin. While she and he boyfriend John try to help themselves get out of there, her grandma is causing troubles. 
This book is really confusing for me. I didn't really understand whether John is her captor or not because even though he took her there, he tries to help her save her cousin. Also at the beginning of the book it is mentioned that her grandma doesn't like her and tries to separate her and not to see her mother again. 


Blog #6: Explain the best aspect of this partner read for you. Ask your partner to share his/her experiences. I really liked this project because I got to spend time with my mother and we had something interesting to discus about every time we talked. Even thought it was kind of hard to read this book and we don't read with the same pace, it was really hard for my mom to keep up with me so sometimes the discussion were confusing. From my mom's aspect, she really liked it and would like to do something similar again not just for a school project, but generally read together. I think it was a really good experience for both of us and we both really enjoyed it and the book.






No comments:

Post a Comment