Sunday, March 3, 2013

Blog Post 5: Wuthering Heights

Title: Wuthering Heights
Author: Emily Bronte

Blog Post Number 5: What are some of the themes being woven throughout the plot line of the novel? How does the author do this? Is it enjoyable to each of you?

Emily Bronte' s Wuthering Heights is a novel that depends on descriptive writing in order to illustrate details of her character's inner thoughts and being. Language is the tool that undoes Catherine Linton, language is what Hareton is lacking, and through Nelly, language is how we hear the tale of Wuthering Heights itself. Identity through writing is the goal of most pieces of writing, and in Wuthering Heights Emily Bronte succeeds admirably. The majority of the metaphors that are put into Wuthering Heights are environmental, pertaining to the surrounding countryside or its non-human inhabitants.

For me it is a bit harer to understand what she puts into their minds and how she brings the story to the reader so I guess re reading it a couple of times, is the best choice since the language is a bit confusing and all the thoughts are flown to you through the story and deep language usage. For my mum it is a lot harder because she is not a very good English speaker. This makes it harder for her but she helps herself by translating it to Slovenian so then she is also able to explain it to me.

Summary:
Since I finished my book I started reading another book. I'm half through the book and it is called The Love Potion. It is a romance novel which is why I like it. It is a bit higher level writing which makes it a bit harder to understand as well. It talks about a scientists who has created a love potion and has been doing experiments with rats to see if it has been working. The potion is suppose to bring out the deepest feelings in ones heart and make them stronger and feel things they haven't felt before. That makes the rats have sexual intercourse over and over again which is I guess part of the plan but it all seems a bit strange. I am really looking forward to the ending because I want to see what will happen with the love potion and if she will actually try to use it on the man she loves to deepen his feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment