Thursday, March 7, 2013

catch 22 blog post 6 luka brown


Catch-22
Luka Brown
Pages: 416
Author: Joseph Heller
Genre: Classic

“Yes you did,” Orr insisted equably. “You asked them not to assign you to any plane piloted by me, Dobbs or Huple because you didn’t have the confidence in us at the controls. Orr is one of Yossarian’s friends (even if Yossarian wants to kill him). Orr kept asking him if he could fly with Orr because it would be a blast. Yossarian doesn’t want to because on every single one of his missions Orr crashes and Yossarian doesn’t want to die.

I haven’t read as much of the book as I should of. The things that have happened so far is that Orr, a great friend of Yossarian, has been lost at sea after a crash landing forcing him to land in the ocean. Also Colonel Cathcart is starting to question life as we know it.

I think that the best part about this reading is that I was able to relate things in the book about real life with my dad. When my dad was reading the book he said that it made his head do a 180 degree turn. After he read the book he had a different feel about life. I would strongly with my dad. My dad still thinks that some things in the book are stupid but make sense. 

3 comments:

  1. Really interesting post. Your thoughts are well organized and you made your post fun to read. I like the character's name. It is very unique name. And seems like your dad also enjoyed the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a very deep book to totally change someones perspective on life. It seems like Orr and Yossarian have a strange friendship. I wonder why Orr would still e a pilot if he never had a successful flight.

    ReplyDelete