Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Partner Reading 6


Explain the best aspect of this partner read for you. Ask your partner to share his/her experiences.

I really liked this partner reading experience. I liked it because it gave me to bond with my sister in a different and unusual way, and by unusual i mean we don't usually bond like that. Also it gave me a chance to understand the book in a very deep way. When we discussed it we both gave great ideas and some that my sister brought up, I wouldn't have thought of. This made me see the book in a different way. My partner also said the same thing. She liked discussing the chapters and bonding in this way.

Author: Harper Lee
Genre: Classic
Pages: 376

Summary: During Tom Robinsons trial Mayella Ewell, is lying however the court doesn’t want to believe that a black person can be innocent instead of a white one. Tom is a prisoner, and some of the white people are not very satisfied with Atticus saying Mayella Ewell and her dad are liars. "Atticus says cheating a black man is ten times worse than cheating a white" Then, a couple weeks later, Tom is dead; he is shot while trying to escape the prison. Then Jem and Scout hear that Mayella’s dad was threatening their dad. 

One night Jem and Scout were going home during the night and they hear someone following them from behind. Then in a matter of seconds they are attacked, and to make things worse, Scout cant see very well because of her costume from the event that night which they were attending. At the end one man is on the ground and the other carrying unconscious Jem back home while Scout is following them.
So what do you think will happen, will Jem survive, and who were the attackers?


3 comments:

  1. Cool I am reading this book as well. I am mad about the part where Atticus does not win. But I love Scout she is really awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the fact that you ended your blog post with a question, I thought that was unique because it brings the reader to really think about what you have written before in the post. It seems like a really good book (which it should be because it's a classic), and I can't wait to read it in English class next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read "to kill a mockingbird" a while ago. This blog shows everything about the book

    ReplyDelete