Thursday, March 7, 2013

Moby Dick week 6

Moby Dick; or the Whale
Herman Melville
Classic

They were waiting a long time until they say any of the major people on the ship, there were only of sailors trying to get the ship ready for the 3 year voyage. They were getting the sails ready and check for any leaks and holes and that's when the first officer arrived. He was a tall and calm person. Nothing would be annoying to him. He would just walk around the ship calmly and see how everything was going. Then we set sail and that's when i saw the second officer was also calm in a way but everything would seem boring to him. When we went out to hunt whales he had the same face expression as he did on the boat. The Third officer was similar to the other 2 but he was quiet. Really quiet. I was wondering were was the captain. We have been sailing for 3 weeks and he still didn't come out of the cabin. One day i got the the deck and there he was. The view was magnificent. He was dressed all formally and i didn't even notice his leg for a while. Then he just gave the officer their orders and left. The first officer became my role model although when the officer had to pick who would go whaling with them, the first officer selected my friend.

Explain the best aspect of this partner read for you?
My best aspect of this was seeing how my mom sees the book and to see the differences that we had. My moms best aspect was that she saw me read, because she rarely sees me read.

2 comments:

  1. Yor book sonds really intersting but I found it funny when you said your mom rarley sees you read. Thats sounds a lot like you, however i think you could have written a bit more bour your expriances and discussions but otherwise nice sumary :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you read the whole book! Was it hard? Because Mrs. Hancock said it would be hard to read and had a lot of pages. But apparently it's a very good book.

    ReplyDelete