Sunday, March 24, 2013

Just Listen



Title: Just Listen
Author: Sarah Dessen
Pages: 371


Lately I have been reading the novel Just Listen, by Sarah Dessen. As in my previous blog post it is about a high school girl named Annabel. But her best friends hates her, her family is falling apart, and she is just alone. So in the 2 recent past chapters a boy named Will Cash comes up to Annabel and actually talks to her. I think she has had a past with him but i am not sure. All I know is after that, she and Sophie have a little talk, in other words its more like a fist fight. This attracts a crowd and eventually Sophie leaves her and Annabel runs behind the school and she starts to vomit, as she finishes she sits down and is just crying. But as she has her head in her hands she can hear someone sit down beside her. As she looks up she see Owen Armstrong next to her. He passes her a tissue and she takes it. He asks if she is okay, she said it was pretty bad. He said that he saw it, but it could have been worse.







Annabel then gets a phone call from her mum, she tries to sound like she is fine and her mum believes her, but tells her that she had to get a ride home. Annabel said she did but of course we all know that she had no friend that can take her home. But Owen tells her that he can take her home, Annabel decides to go along with this. As she gets in his car, he tells her that first they need to go pick up his sister. His car is filled with man cd’s, and the one he is playing at the moment is tribal music. She finds it a little weird but interesting.

They go and pick up his little sister, she is really cute and she has seen Annabel from the adds that she has done and she really likes Annabel. I think that Annabel finds it surprising that most of the people hate her. He then eventually drops her off home, safe and sound. I really am enjoying this book it is really interesting and I want to know what is going to happen next. I recommend this book to all middle school girls that just want to have someone to relate to about, being in high school or middle school.


A book that I am also starting to read during the meantime is Soul Surfer. It is a biography about Bethany Hamilton a surfer who lost her arm in a shark bite and still won the national championship. And has also given people who might not have something such as a leg and give them the hope to believe in themselves and try. Why I am reading this book is because in English we have a Living History Unit where we pick a amazing person in history and we pretend to be them. So I have picked Bethany Hamilton. I haven’t really started the book yet so I can’t exactly recommend it to anyone but I guess to people of all ages.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! The first book sounds really interesting. It has so much going on, and her best friend hating her... what a great bff.
    I've seen the movie of Bethany Hamilton, I hope you will have fun learning about her! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow great summary.The first book is really grade. But I think its really disgusting when the girl goes behind the school and throws up. I also like how you wrote about two books. :)

    ReplyDelete