Saturday, October 27, 2012

Week 2 The Red Pony-Sofia

Title: The Red Pony
Author: John Steinbeck
Genre: Historical Fiction


I have recently started reading The Red Pony By John Steinbeck. I haven't read enough of the book to tell you much about it. But from my past reading from Steinbeck I have a feeling its going to be good. From what i have read i can conclude. That the characters are living on a farm. The main character is a 10 year old boy. He is very disciplined, quite but a boy. He has his own gun and recently hits own pony. The boy is given' the horse as a present from his father. The father wants the boy to learn. So he has instructed his son, the boy, to break the horse in. Break the horse in meaning, get him used to the saddle, the harness and the bit. It is quite hard to do so and that is why the father has laid the task upon the boy.

I predict that the boy and the horse will get very attached to each other. But at some point in the book the father will be compelled to sell it but in the end the horse and boy will grow together.

5 comments:

  1. That sounds cool! Is this your book for the book report?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds cool! Is this your book for the book report?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you in saying this book will have nice terminology and imagary because that is John Steinbeck's style of writing. I think this book will be really cool in showing how man and animal can bond.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the book will be amazing.I like John Steinbeck's style of writing and I agree with Abby i as well that he is going to make the man and animal bond.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that book will be great because it is written by John Steinbeck and he has a great style of writing, and I agree with both Kristina and Abbey about human and animal bond.

    ReplyDelete