Friday, October 26, 2012

ORR #6: 11.22.63 by Stephen King


Name of Book: 11.22.63
Author: Stephen King
Pages Read: 56/726
Genre: (Science) Historic Fiction

This past week I have been trying hard to find a historic fiction book, and I finally found one that seemed really interesting. This book is called 11.22.63 (I usually really like books with number titles, because they seem interesting) and it is about saving president Kennedy. A man, called Jake Epping, and he is just a typical English teacher in Lisbon Falls, Maine. All until one day, his friend called Al has showed him something so insane, a portal to the past, and with that the whole book starts with, Jake on a mission to stop JFK from being killed. In the book, the main character Jake, is transported to the times of great dinners and cars, the sound of Elvis, and the taste of good root beer.

I got this book at the book fair in Belgrade, and I honestly thought that it would be a great book to read, since I'm the kind of person that loves crimes and mysteries just like this one. The reviews that this book has printed on the first few pages are really good, and I knew that Stephen King was a great writer, so I thought, why not read one of his books. I wasn't really sure if the book was historic fiction, but Mrs. Hancock said that it was good, so I was really happy to be able to read this book. I can't wait to see what happens next. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Long book. This book doesn't appeal to me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of pages you have to read.. but hopefully you like it

    ReplyDelete