Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

pages: 955
pages read: 763
genre: mystery/ fiction
Author: J.K Rollings


In this book Harry Potter is at first attacked by Dementors while he is with his cousin, Dudley, in the muggle world. He is almost expelled from Hogwarts for underage magic, because he cast a spell to protect himself from them. But the main problem is the sort of ware between Dumbledore and Harry against the Ministry of Magic.The minister, Fudge, is too scared to admit that Voldemort is really back, so he keeps on doing anything he can to make everybody believe Harry and Dumbledore are crazy. In Harry's life he discovers that Sirius, Dumbledore and many of his favorite teachers (and Snape) are part of a special secret organization against Voldemort, known as the Order of the Phoenix. Then, a mean woman, Professor Umbridge, comes from the Ministry  and decides to slowly take over Hogwarts and finally succeeds to take Dumbledore's spot, who runs away not wanting to be judged by the Minister since he took the blame for Harry's "Dumbledore's Army" secret defense against the dark arts organization. Finally, Since it was Dumbledore's wish ( "Do everything Snape tells you and practice it regularly..." pg 685) Harry takes lessons with his least favorite teacher, Snape, to try to block Voldemort from entering his brain. Because of these dreams, Harry was having troubles and Voldemort could have used this opportunity for something really terrible...

3 comments:

  1. I saw all of the Harry Potter films.I like your summary.I think I will start reading Harry Potter the book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never read a hary potter but it sounds cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven’t read this one but I did watch the movie. However I think I will finish all the books since they sound incredible just like the ones I already read.

    ReplyDelete