Monday, October 8, 2012

The Westing Game-- Ajda


Westing cover.jpg

Title- The Westing Game
Author- Ellen Raskin
Pages- 182
Genra- Mystery
This week I decided to read a book I read in 6th grade. It is called, The Westing Game. I read it 2 years ago but I did not quiet understand it. Know that I read it again, I understood it better and looked at it from a different point of view. Here is a brief overview of the book;
Sixteen heirs who are mysteriously chosen to live in the Sunset Towers apartment building on the shore of Lake Michigan, somewhere in Wisconsin, come together to hear the will of the self-made millionaire, Samuel W. Westing. The will takes the form of a puzzle, dividing the sixteen heirs into eight pairs, giving each pair a different set of clues and challenging them to solve the mystery of who murdered Sam Westing. As an incentive, each heir is given $10,000 to play the game. Whoever solves the mystery will inherit Sam Westing's $200 million fortune, and his company, Westing Paper Products.
I really understood the book better this time. I think that if I read it again I might understand it even more but I can't believe how different the book seemed know than it did before. 

4 comments:

  1. I remember this book too. I also did not understand it. I hope it is clearer this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this book we read it with mrs.Jeftic.......nice explenation, I hope to read it again cause it was very confusing...good job

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool! i remember this book and i liked it! i hope you like it this time!

    ReplyDelete