Sunday, October 7, 2012

Monkey Island (1st week)

  Name: Monkey Island
Author: Paula Fox
Genre: Drama
Pages:151
Pages Read: 59



      I started to read this book. So far it is pretty good, but I expected it to be better. The book is about an eleven-year old boy, Clay Garity who lives with his mother because their father has left them. His mother doesn't have a job and they live in a hotel in New York. The book begins like this.


  Clay wakes up and finds out her mother is not still home. She has been away for 5 days now, and Clay got scared. What happened to her? He can hardly survive. He cannot feed himself. He cannot go to school. He cannot go out because the police would see him and force him to school.


   One late night, he packed a couple of things and started a journey to find his mother. He did not go far. In one of the parks, he fell asleep. The next morning, he met two  elderly homeless men, Buddy and Calvin. They offer Clay to stay overnight with them. Clay accepts.


 Will Clay find his mother? How will he survive? I need to read more to find out.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds really interesting and I liked how you described the beginning and the questions you added at the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Despina. It does sound cool and interesting. I really like the questions at the end and how you didn't give any clues away but made us want to read it as well! :) Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds really good and I agree with both Despina and Ajda that I liked you put in the beginning.

    ReplyDelete