Sunday, May 27, 2012

Satan from the 7th Grade (Szatan z Siódmej Klasy)

Title: Satan from the 7th Grade
Author: Kornel Makuszyński
Genre: Classical Novel
Pages: 275





This book, which I'm currently reading, is a polish classic novel. I have been carrying the book around me for the past 4 years, and I kept on forgetting about it. This time I actually managed to read it all. It's a very interesting story about a young boy, which is very clever and he spends his summer at a country house, presided over by The Professor.The novel tells us the story of the mystery from the time of the Napoleonic Wars - a puzzle, which Adam and the Gąsowski family will have to solve.When the Professor asks Adam (the main character) to solve the mystery, he is more than happy and very excited to search for the treasure. I really liked the book, because it reminded me of those polish adventures I used to have when I was younger, where each day of the summer was a new story beginning. Where my friends and I would go outside, and pretend to be someone else to solve a mystery. That's what I really liked about the book - it reminded me of earlier childhood. 
I really enjoyed reading this novel, although it was quite difficult to understand the language, because it was written in old polish, and it was hard to understand a couple words. Over all, I would recommend this book to teenagers, young adults and adults.

4 comments:

  1. Good Job Magda,
    I think that my book and your book are pretty similar. Mine is also about a small boy having adventures, just that the consequences are much bigger. Amazing that you read the book so fast. I think that you could add a bit more about the story of the book but it already sounds interesting.
    Good Job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job i agree with Philip. U should add a bit more details about the story... Otherwise i enjoined... I also liked the fact that u keep on reading this book and that u have it for 4 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that you have FINALLY finished the book and I am really glad that you liked the book. I also like that you were able to connect the book with your own personal life with the experiences that you had with your friends. I am really glad that you enjoyed your book because what is the point of a book if you do not enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't get how this is a classic but ah well, we agree to disagree. It looks fairly interesting, though very bland at the same time, the only evidence of its enjoyability in your connection with it. Also, Napoleonic treasure... The Poles must be feasibly mad!

    ReplyDelete