Sunday, May 27, 2012

City of Bones

Author:  Cassandra Clare
Pages:  442
Genre:  Fantasy

          This gripping novel is about an ordinary girl called Clary who starts seeing demons and vampires and beings that aren't supposed to exist.  Her mother disappears and her house is filled with monsters.  She becomes involved with a group of demon-slayers and eventually discovers that she is not as normal as she thought she was.  In fact, she may have demon-slayer blood.  The book follows Clary as she learns the truth about her parents, her long-lost brother, and really, her entire life. 
          I really enjoyed reading this book, and I would give it a 5/5, but there were some things that bothered me a little about it.  I kind of felt like the author just had so many good ideas that she wanted to use, but she could not filter some out, so you just get hit with betrayal after betrayal, monster after monster, and a love triangle is thrown in as well.  Some things were predictable, but I felt like I was shocked too many times to really enjoy the book at its fullest.  For example, Clary falls in love with a demon-slayer, and then it turns out that he is her brother.  That was just one surprise too many for me.  Other than that, I think that City of Bones is a great book and anyone who likes reading about vampires and werewolves and demons should definitely try it. 

5 comments:

  1. I've heard several people talk about his book and they all really enjoyed it. When you done with it may I borrow it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how towards the end you add your own opinion about the things you would want to change in the book. Over all, it sounds very interesting (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard about this novel before, but I had no idea that it had such an intricate plot. It sounds really interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you liked it! I just started reading City of Ashes, and I really hope Jace and Clary turn out not to be related...

    ReplyDelete