Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Otoman Sultans

book:The Otoman Sultans
author: Salih Gulen
pages: 350

 

3 days ago i started reading this book.It was so interesting learning about the history of the Turkish Sultans that i couldn't stop reading it, i read 234 pages of it for just 3 days. From all the Sultans my favorite one is Sultan Suleyman I. From all the Sultans he ruled the most, all the other Sultans died around the age of 30 while Suleyman I died in his 72 year. He had 2 wife's Hurem and Mahidevran. Mahidevran got furious when Hurem got pregnent, so she attacked here, since than Suleyman I didn't even look at Mahidevran. Hurem was his only love... Suleyman I had 10 children. He had his first son with Mahidevran, his name was Mustafa. And the rest of his children with hurem 9 of them. They had 2 girls: Mihrimah and Razyie and 7 boys: Sellim II, Bayezid, Abdullah,Murad, Mehmed, Mahmud and Cihangir. Mustafa died in a battle wich automaticly made Hurem "the mother Sultan". Back then there was only one few important women on the castel, "the mother Sultans", sultans wife's and princesses. The women whose child was the next Sultan was "the mother Sultam".  "the mother Sultam" was the most important women on the castle.  


 
Sultan Suleyman I 

Hurem


2 comments:

  1. Good Job Nikola,

    I think that it is interesting that you are reading a non fiction book, because most of the people like to read fiction ones. I like how you gave interesting facts from the book such as explained how many children they had.
    Next time you should read through it ones again because you had some mistake such as not capitalizing the word "I."
    All in all this book sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good use of pictures! As Philipp suggested, I think it was a great decision to choose a non-fiction novel. I liked how you talked about the family and children.
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete