Sunday, May 20, 2012

Dog Tricks

Title: Dog Tricks
Author: Arthur J. Haggerty & Carol L. Benjamin
Pages: 303
Genre: Reference


This week I decided to write about something different than a book with a story plot. So I looked through a bunch of old books, and found the "Dog Tricks". I started reading some of it, and it actually turned out to be a really good book. Besides telling us and conducting us through a series of tricks, there is always a small comment referring to animal love.
My favorite trick was the Jump Rope, because I think it's very cool to teach a dog such an interesting ability. The section explained all the steps of how to get a dog to try and how to reward him. In the future, im planning on trying such trick, just to see if it actually works.
I really like how the author had a better idea than just writing a regular book, and focused a little more on those things which aren't seen usually. 
At the back of the book, you have all the breed listed out, and the trick aptitude, which is whether the breed qualifies as high, average or low in doing the presented trick. 
With my love for pets, I'll continue reading this book to find out more about strategies to tech dos tricks, which are very unique and require a lot of effort.



1 comment:

  1. This sounds like an interesting book! Although its quite hard to imagine a dog jumping rope! :P

    ReplyDelete