Sunday, May 13, 2012

Percy Jackson and the Lighting Thief

Percy Jackson and the Lighting Thief
Rick Riordan
Fiction

During this week I read Percy Jackson and the Lighting Thief. Percy and his friends Annabeth and Grover were given a mission to find Zeus's Lightning bolt which was stolen, Poseidon was accused for stealing it, If Percy and his friends don't find the lighting bolt the gods will go to war with each other and total chaos will occur. Percy and his friends first fight Harpies, then they manage to kill the Medusa, then the Chimera attacks them while there in the Arch or St. Louis, and blows part of the arch away, but Percy manages to run away alive since he jumped through the hole the Chimera created and landed into water, which he is part of. After this event the police wants to capture Percy since they have certain clues that he was causing all the the problems. Percy and his friends go to a restaurant and Ares the god of war shows up he gives them a quest to retrieve his shield which he left in an abandoned water park. 

I read more than half the book and so far I really like it. The book was not boring at any part since the author did a great job at keeping the reader interested. The book is full of suspense and it quite unpredictable which makes it fun and interesting to read. So far I rate this book a 9.7 out of 10, because it's really fun.

1 comment:

  1. I like your post, though I think that you could have put in a bit more detail about how they killed Medusa etc. I have read the series before I really liked it, so I am really glad that you like it.

    ReplyDelete