Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas #4


  • Title: The Bot in the Stripped Pajamas
  • Author: John Boyne 
  • Genre: Historical Fiction
  • Number of pages read: 125/215



  • Report Section
Author starts chapter 9 with describing Bruno's relationship with his grandparents. After reminding himself of wonderful memories that they had, so he decided to write a letter to his grandparents just to see how they were doing and what was happening in their life. After that, everything went back to normal, except one thing Bruno's parents decided to find Bruno a tutor since he was not able to go to the school where he lived. The tutor started giving him some lessons, and at that point Bruno looked through the window and saw the fence outside of his house. He could not see the end of that particular fence, so after the lesson, he decided to go exploring. Bruno always wanted to explore, and it has been mentioned in a book a couple of times that becoming an explorer was his biggest wish. He walked beside the fence, and he couldn't find anything interesting, until he saw a small black dot far way from where he was standing. As he was coming closer, he could see the black dot turning into a person! When he was as close as he could have been, he could see that that person was a small boy, named  Shmuel, an it turned out to be that Shmuel was actually born on the same day and year that Bruno was. Shmuel was from Poland, and Bruno has never seen smaller and skinnier guy then him. They started talking and getting to know each other better. 
In this particular section, I have learned that Bruno is getting attached to people very easily. He is able to make friends on a very nice and easy way, while some of us have some struggles with that. He also ever showed that he was afraid to show who he actually was, and he never cared about other people's opinions. 
I think that these developments have affected Bruno as a character on a positive way. Simply because Bruno was only nine, but he knew what he wanted to be, and who he wanted to grew up into. Even though he was small, he was never afraid to show and tell his opinion which I personally find very brave and independent. 

  • Response Section
I think that the section that I have read discovered a lot about Bruno and his way of behaving with people who he didn't know at all. Author used very nice word choice which I liked, and he forced us to make an image in our head of what we were reading. 
My recent reading has fulfilled my expectations, because in every new section that I read, I am looking forward in discovering something new about the characters and their relationship between each other. 
In my further reading, I expect Bruno to get a long with his new friend (Shmuel) very well, and I expect them two to do some new exploring and to find out some new amazing an unexpected things.
I am very satisfied with what I have read, and I am looking forward into reading more of this novel!

  • Passage Section
''Where is Poland anyway? '' Bruno asked after a few silent moments have passed. 
''Have you ever heard of Denmark?,'' he asked ''I think Poland is in Denmark'' said Bruno, growing more confused even though he was trying to sound clever ''Because that's many miles away,'' he repeated for added confirmation. (page 112)
This time, I've decided to chose something funnier for a passage section, and this shows how confident Bruno was, even though when he had no idea about what he was talking about.  

No comments:

Post a Comment