Sunday, December 8, 2013

A Christmas Carol #5

Title: A Christmas Carol
Author: Charles Dickens
Genre: Historical Fiction
Pages: 126/126

In the last pages of the book, there have been little, yet very important events. When Scrooge wakes up, he begins to scream "Merry Christmas!" He dances while he shaves and as he is getting dressed. When he exits his home, he calls the first boy he sees, gives him money, and tells him to deliver a turkey to Bob Cratchit's house. Then, while walking along the streets of London, he meets and old man, who he had yelled at the previous morning because he didn't want to donate any money for Christmas. He apologizes, and promises to donate money to the poor. He goes to Fred's Christmas party, and has lots of fun. The next morning, Scrooge goes to work early. He is delighted to see Bob, and gives him some great news. He has decided to give him a raise and to help him with his family's needs. Over time, Scrooge takes care of the family, especially Tiny Tim. From these events I, just like Scrooge, have learned the true meaning of Christmas. These developments have affected Bob Cratchit's family because now they have enough money to live a good life.
I think that what I have read has been very good. My recent reading has fulfilled my expectations, because everything that I thought would happen, did happen and proved my ideas were correct. I have finished my book, so I don't have any expectations for my "continued" reading. I am very satisfied with the book that I chose to read.
"And so, as Tiny Tim observed, God bless Us. Every One!" (Dickens 126). This passage shows us unity. It shows us how in the world, everyone works together to make each other happy. It shows us how everyone in the book cares about Tiny Tim, and how important he was for the out turn of events. This passage delights me as a reader because it really makes me happy to see that in the end, everyone does live happily ever after. 

No comments:

Post a Comment