Sunday, December 1, 2013

Blog Post 4


Aleksa Zujovic

Night Soldiers

100 pages


This week I have read a big part of the book, which explains what he did Khristo do after he flee into Paris in 1937. In order for Khristo to have something to live from he found a job in a elegant restaurant as a waiter. He works for a Bulgarian named Omaraeff who is the headwaiter of the restaurant. He found the new surrounding better then the one where he lived in Bulgaria because the people that come to the restaurant where he works are glamorous and wealthy people from America and different countries around Europe.  This part of the book was for me the most important till now because he moved to France because of the war and now he is starting to like the city and the people that live in it more then his country Bulgaria. Also there were some parts of the book, which I was surprised to see when I was reading those parts of the book because they were pretty shocking.

"'We chained the officers to their steamer trunks full of uniforms and threw them into the sea. They too pleaded. A great deal of pleading in 1917, one grew bored with it."

This quote is in the ending of chapter two. This quote captured my attention in this part of the book because Khristo was talking to the generals and explained to him what the army actually did to the dead soldiers. With the reading I have done this week I am really happy because I am following my plan for the book report. 

No comments:

Post a Comment