Sunday, December 1, 2013

blogpost



Diary of a young girl
Anne Frank
Historical fiction, autobiography

In this chapter, Anne celebrates her 15th birthday. She writes about how she would do anything to see nature, people, and everything else she used to more often. Anne describes her feelings, and how she has no choice but to be optimistic, and hope for the best. More things are getting destroyed now, and she writes about how many cities have fallen to the Allies now. Anne is also really disappointed with Peter, because she dosnt want anyone to lean on her, especially him, and this causes changes in her feelings. Anne also writes about how she still believes that there is good in everyone, and according to her diary, she is scared that people think of her as someone who is superficial. 

This is the best and very different then all the books I read so far, because its a diary. But, in this diary you can see what it was like before, and during the harder times. I think that the words, and how she describes things in this book are extraordinary, and I can always imagine what is going on. It's also quite scary though, because I can't imagine what I would feel like If I was in her place.. I honestly, don't know what will happen next, because this book is full of surprises, but I have a feeling that something bad is going to happen to her. 

Quote: It's really a wonder that I haven't dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out. Yet I keep them, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart. I simply can't build up my hopes on a foundation consisting of confusion, misery, and death. I see the world gradually being turned into a wilderness, I hear the ever approaching thunder, which will destroy us too, I can feel the sufferings of millions and yet if I look up into the heavens, I think that it will all come right, that this cruelty too will end, and that peace and tranquility will return again." Saturday, 15 July, 1944, pg. 237 This quote makes me feel sad, because Anne is a really bright and caring girl, and this seems to be very hard for her. I like this quote, because she tells us what she feels like, and how she has hope that everything will be okay again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment