Monday, February 27, 2012

Animal Farm by George Orwell


Blog Posting: 50 pages, posting, & a
comment
*** Post about your favorite character AND your partner's favorite character so far and why?  Be specific about the qualities that you are enjoying.



My favorite character in “The Animal Farm” is napoleon the pig; he is also the main character of the book. Like the whole book, real life events and people influence Napoleons character. Orwell said that Stalin influenced the Character of Napoleon, but that the name is Napoleon, because Orwell believed that Napoleon the historical person was a ruthless dictator and tyrant.  He emerges as the leader after the rebellion after he overpowers Snowball. Like Stalin, napoleon uses military force, his nine loyal dogs, to control the other animals and extend his power.  By doing so he proves that he is more manipulative and treacherous than his opponent Snowball.  I Chose Napoleon as my favorite character because he is the leader on the Animal Farm. He is the one that planned everything and he is the smartest animal there, the most out of the ordinary one. Napoleon has great and revolutionary ideas, like trading with the humans, building the windmill. But there were often setbacks, like the food shortage, but napoleon cleverly blamed it on Snowball, who had gone rouge.







3 comments:

  1. You got me interested for your book, I really like it. Im realy looking forward for you next blog post, I really want to see what will happen with Napoleon. It seems like he is the smartest animal on the animal farm. I hope you enjoyed reading it ….

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gruesome picture! Do you think that Napoleon will continue being a great leader on the Animal Farm?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am for the first time here. I found this board and I in finding It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to present something back and help others such as you helped me. blue dog food reviews

    ReplyDelete