Monday, February 20, 2012

Catcher in the Rye

Post about your favorite character AND your partner's favorite character so far and why?


My favorite character in this book so far, is Holden Caulfield. This is because even though he is cynical, I actually on a few points, agree with his view on the world and his opinions on certain things. I think throughout the book I will come to like Holden even more, because we will learn what makes him so cynical, something I definitely link to his younger brother, Allie, who died of leukemia.

My mothers favorite character is Mr. Spencer because she believes that by trying to convince Holden that academics is very important and his first priority, it proves to her that he has something in him that cares for Holden. When Mr. Spencer is trying to convince Holden, when he comes to visit him while he is sick. Mr. Spencer had no real duty towards Holden to try and make him stay, especially because he was terrible  is his class as well.


Post about the most significant difference that you have noticed between you and your partner as you have read your classic novel.  


One very big difference I have noticed while reading this book, is that my mother seems like she genuinely really enjoys the books. While in my honest opinion, I in fact find the books for me one an average interest level. Perhaps this is because she has read it before me, and knows how it ends. Or perhaps it is because she is older, and understands it much better. Yet this is one thing that I have noticed is different through reading this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment