Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pride and Prejudice





Title: Pride and Prejudice 
Author: Jane Austen
Genre: Classic

My favorite character so far: 
Even though she is not the main character in the story, I really like Jane. At the beginning of the novel, I thought she would be the main character and the story would be about her but as I read on, I realized that it was more about her older sister, Elizabeth. I really like Jane because she is a positive person. She is naive and only sees the best in a person. She never talks behind their backs and she is never mean to anyone. She is open minded and kind to the people around her.

My mom's favorite character so far:
I chose my mom to read Pride and Prejudice with me for this book report. She finished the book two weeks ago and told me that her favorite character was the main character, Elizabeth. Sometimes it is confusing when characters talk about Elizabeth because sometimes they call her Lizzy, sometimes Eliza, sometimes Miss Bennet and sometimes Elizabeth. But once you figure out that the author is talking about her, you find out more about her personality. Elizabeth is a very stubborn person that will do almost anything to get what she wants. She is very determined. But mostly, she is very non-conventional and does things that are out of the ordinary or not acceptable in her time.  

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I read your post, and then I compared it to how my mom and I might choose our favorite characters based on the descriptions you wrote of them. Ironically, I think that I would pick Elizabeth to be my favorite character because I like characters who are determined and rebellious, whereas my mom would pick Jane as her favorite character because she likes people who are positive and friendly and stuff.

    ReplyDelete