Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oliver Twist

Title: Oliver Twist
Author: Charles Dickens
Pages Read: 78
Genre: Classical Novel

The most significant difference between me and my partner is the perspective and the speed we are reading in. My mom is already done with the book, while I am barely on Part 4 (the book divides into 5 parts, with sub-chapters). But aside from speed, we both differ in the perspective. My mom is more into understanding the harder language, and the way its written, while I have to take some time to re-read it and translate the sayings and vocabulary into easier. i think that the reason for this difference is the age difference or the education level, since my mom has already studied such difficult things, while this is not the first time, but I haven't read so many books with such a difficult grammar and theory (how people were treated 100 or 200 years ago compared to today).

Aside from business, I am really enjoying reading this classical novel, and looking forward to the ending. 

3 comments:

  1. Interesting! My mom and I also differentiate when it comes to the speed we are reading in. I read the book faster than her, since she has so many other duties in the house and has no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked how you mentioned that you and your mom have differences in the perspective of the book. :) However, what about the characters in the novel? Do you or your mom differ in the characters you prefer or dislike?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny how you mentioned that you and you mom don't read at the same speed as I did the same, she reads much faster than I do. However, I agree with Teodora, what about the characters? Is there anything in their personalities that you and your mom don't agree on?

    ReplyDelete