Sunday, February 26, 2012

Little Women

Title: Little Women
Author: Louisa May Alcott
Genre: Classic



The classic book that I have been reading for my book report is Little Women. I am really enjoying this book, because it talks about the life of four sisters, whose daily struggles and adventures are quite relatable to the reader. However, I have noticed some differences between mine and my mom's reading. I have noticed that my mom can much more easily relate certain situations to the characters personality. For example, when one of the sisters faced a certain problem, she would be able to tell what kind of a person the character is by the way they react. I, however, do not look into it that deep, so there are a lot of details about the characters that I do not notice. This could be because my mom has much more experience, and she can see what kind of a person someone is much more easily. However, it could also be because she is able to concentrate on the book much better than I can. My mom is also able to understand the style of the writing, as well as the difficult language used much better than I can, which is the reason she is getting through the book much faster than I am. But, again, this is because of her experience, and her knowledge. Afterall, she has read much more books in her life, than I have. However, both of us are enjoying the book, and it is quite interesting to share our opinions as well as some disagreements about the characters and the plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment