Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Old Man and the Sea

Which character is the most interesting for you and your partner?

My favorite character is the old man, one reason is that he's the main character, but mostly it's because of the way he is described. The old man is a fisherman who apparently catches a marlin while fishing.  I haven't quite finished the book but this is how far I have gotten. The old man has been trying to fish a fish for 84 days and would come back home with out a single fish. When the marlin finally gets hooked on the hook, it pulls him out from shore. I'm not sure what happens after that but I will find out hopefully in the next few pages. 

Dad: My favorite character is The little boy. First of all there aren't many characters in the book so I picked the little boy. He is my favorite character because he's the only one who really cares for the old man. With the money he makes he buys food for the old man, and when the old man goes out to see he would always be with him until his dad decided he shouldn't because the old man always comes back without any fish. No one else really cares for the old man except the little boy, which I thought was interesting. The little boy is very nice which made me like him a lot. Even if I do not have time to read the book, I remember the most important parts of it and I really enjoyed reading it.  

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The characters sound interesting! What do you think will happen to Marlin? I'm excited to find out!

    ReplyDelete