Monday, March 10, 2014

To Kill A Mockingbird Blog #4

To Kill A Mockingbird
Harper Lee
Classic / Historical Fiction
281/281

A classic novel is a novel that has a lasting influence long after it was written, it is often considered a must-read, often uses somewhat poetic language, and it is before anything a model. My novel is a classic novel because it does use very poetic language, it is well known and has a great influence on people who read it, including myself. My novel, to Kill A Mockingbird is relevant to today's society because it teaches lessons of respect, patience, and not being judgmental, also it taught me that you cannot love or hate something until you truly understand it. However, it is also irrelevant to today's society because the way the characters live their lives is very different from people today, and the way people view each other; with racism, strict social classes and all that, which sometimes made me angry at how little the characters actually know. I would recommend my novel to anyone who has patience while reading a book and doesn't give up too quickly, if you give it a chance I think anyone could love it, and it teaches many great lessons that could help you in your everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment