Sunday, March 9, 2014

Blog Post #4: The Great Gatsby

The Great Gatsby
Author: F. Scott Fitzgerald
Genre: Classic
Pages: 233/233 pages 

A classic novel is a novel/chapter book that has been listed as exemplary or of the highest quality. I think that The Great Gatsby is now considered a classic first of all because of the quality of the language and text, and last of all it is a book that is all reality and these things might have actually happened. My novel, The Great Gatsby, in my opinion, is relevant for today's 21st Century Society because these incidents/problems still happen everywhere in the world. It is, however, also irrelevant for today's 21st Century Society because back then people did not get divorces nowadays and it happens all the time. When you got married you were stuck with them. I'm not too sure I would recommend this book to a friend because I found it very hard to get into the story and the language it gets a little complicated at times. It is however a book that I would challenge people to read because of its quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment