Friday, April 5, 2013

Living History Museum - Elizabeth Cady Stanton

I am having some struggle finding a book on Elizabeth Cady Stanton,but I will fin one.There is a book on her in the public library, but a person has it right now and he/she is supposed to give it back tomorrow. So, I will get it then.
I can find a lot of facts and bibliography on Elizabeth C. Stanton on the internet.

When I first heard of this project I didn't know who to do.There are a lot of people who I considered did something important. The first person I wanted to do was Katarina the Serbian princes. I consider her as an important person because he gives a lot to the poor(not only financially , spends a lot f her time in orphan places and she is an prices.The only thrown Serbia now has. A lot o countries have princess's kings,queens,etc. But looking at the fact that this is Serbia it's pretty amazing for me. My second choice was to do the first woman who stud up for woman's rights, which is Elizabeth C. Stanton. During the time of discrimination of colored people in the Stated, Elizabeth sucsseded to start the topic of suffrage of women which is a big think.
Elizabeth married Henry Brewster Stanton in 1840. Henry B. Stanton was an abolitionist, which means he supported the elimination of slavery.When Elizabeth got married she had already observed the legal relationships between man and women and she insisted that the word 'obey' was dropped from her ceremony.
An abolitionist her self, Elizabeth C. Stanton was outraged when the World's Anti-Slavery in London, also in 1840, denied official standing to woman delegates, including Lutricia Mott.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Elizabeth C. Stanton is a really good choice. She is a good role model, but you forgot to do your questions.

    ReplyDelete