Monday, April 15, 2013

Dwight Eisenhower Biography

Title: Eisenhower: Soldier and President (The Renowned One-Volume Life)
Author: Stephen E. Ambrose
Genre: Historical
Pages: N/A (I am reading on a kindle and it doesn't show the page number)

Currently the author is talking about how he came to write the book, it is the foreword and it is quite long and time consuming but it summarizes up Eisenhower's life. The whole book is over 600 pages long so I am not sure if I can get it done but I am giving it my best effort. So far the book has been talking about Eisenhower's military career and very briefly on his presidential career. Eisenhower was a successful military leader and general. He was loved and respected by many and he was very motivated to finish any job that he had. The other information that I have read is unrelated to Eisenhower and is talking about European Armies and Commanders and how they all wanted to unite Europe's armies and all but France accepted. This is all that I have read so far and I look forward to reading more in the future and posting at a later date. I cannot answer any of the questions due to the fact that the book is off to a very slow start.

No comments:

Post a Comment